Fort Wood Student Organization makes leadership transitions
Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood Campus
April 23, 2014
The staff would like to recognize the new leaders of Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood Student Organization and say thank you for the service of the previous leaders. The new leaders include President Jason Robinson, Vice President Johanna Nard, Treasurer Alex Westfall and Secretary Sharlyn Hawkins. Thanks goes to David Livermore, Tabitha Hundt and Scott Grenier for their previous leadership service.
The Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood Student Organization is the direct tie between the student body and the campus’ director and staff. As the official voting body representing the students, the Student Organization offers input on major issues regarding the Fort Leonard Wood campus, and the needs and wishes of the student body. The purposes of the organization are:
- To present and represent the opinions and concerns of the student body to the director and staff/faculty.
- To assist, organize and promote extracurricular activities for the student body as well as with other student organizations.
- To assist the director and staff/faculty in improving and maintaining academic standards, especially academic integrity and honesty.
- To foster ties between Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood and main campus.
- To assist Columbia College-Fort Leonard Wood staff with official duties, including graduation ceremonies.