Jeff City: Register for January Session today with Academic Advisor superstar Sharon Washabaugh!

Columbia College-Jefferson City

Nov. 25, 2013
Academic Advisor Sharon Washabaugh

Today marks the start of registration for the January Session. Yes, it's just a few days before Thanksgiving and your thoughts may be on travelling to see family, feasting on turkey and watching football, but if you're smart you'll get registering out of the way early -- the earlier you register, the more likely you are to get into the classes you need to stay on track to graduation, so don't procrastinate!

The Jefferson City campus boasts an outstanding staff ready to assist you with registration. One such staff member is Sharon Washabaugh. Did you know that in October she was nominated for the Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce Exceptional Employee Award? She was one of the top four finalists, too! If you don't know Sharon, here's your chance:

Q. How long have you been working at Columbia College-Jefferson City?

Sharon: It will be 12 years on Jan. 7, 2013.

Q. What is your favorite thing about your job?

Sharon: It is a mixture of things. I enjoy meeting the students and helping them figure out which academic path they want to take. I also enjoy seeing the student complete the degree and walk across the stage at the graduation ceremony. Another favorite part of my job is talking with students who have graduated and hearing their success stories and how their lives have changed since they completed their education.

Q. How were you nominated for this award?

Sharon: My director, Rebecca Bocklage, nominated me for the Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce Exceptional Employee Award.

Q. Describe your philosophy when it comes to work ethic?

Sharon: I was taught by my parents at a young age if you are asked to do a job, do it right and be proud of the work you have done. I was also taught to live by the golden rule. Following these two guidelines and my life experiences have helped me establish my work ethic.

Sharon and the rest of the staff at the Jefferson City campus are ready to help you register, so don't leave for the holidays without calling them or dropping by. You'll be happy you did!