Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks posts 2011 Veterans Day notes of thanks and remembrance

Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks invited students, alumni, faculty and staff to pass along a note of thanks or remembrance in observance of Veterans Day 2011. A heartfelt thanks to all who emailed and posted on our Facebook page and also to all active military and veterans around the world. We thank you and enjoy these great notes from around the country and the Lake area!

Thank you to all of our military and their families for the sacrifices made to protect the people of the United States. I come from a military family, therefore I understand how tough it is. Thank you!
Rona Prater
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Academic Advisor

So many friends and family members have served our country including my brother Nick, brother in-law Jeff and grandfathers Russ and Chris. The sacrifice our service men and women make is amazing and appreciated greatly.
Sam Fleury
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Community and Alumni Relations Coordinator

I am a SSgt. with the California Air National Guard and have served in the Iowa and South Dakota Air National Guard. In my 11 years of service I have deployed to Iraq twice in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. First of all I want to Thank you to all the veterans who have served before me providing the foundation for what our Country stands for. Second I would like to thank all of the current veterans that make sacrifices every day to protect the freedoms of the Great U.S.A. Last but not least I want to Thank friends and families for their sacrifices and unwavering support and prayers for us veterans during these difficult times. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!
Staff Sgt. Nick Fleury
California Air National Guard
First of all I want to Thank all the veterans who have served before me providing the foundation for what our Country stands for. Second I would like to thank all of the current veterans that make sacrifices everyday to protect the freedoms of the Great U.S.A. Last but not least I want to Thank friends and families for their sacrifices and unwavering support and prayers for us veterans during these difficult times. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!om. First of all I want to Thank all the veterans who have served before me providing the foundation for what our Country stands for. Second I would like to thank all of the current veterans that make sacrifices everyday to protect the freedoms of the Great U.S.A. Last but not least I want to Thank friends and families for their sacrifices and unwavering support and prayers for us veterans during these difficult times. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!om. First of all I want to Thank all the veterans who have served before me providing the foundation for what our Country stands for. Second I would like to thank all of the current veterans that make sacrifices everyday to protect the freedoms of the Great U.S.A. Last but not least I want to Thank friends and families for their sacrifices and unwavering support and prayers for us veterans during these difficult times. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!
Thanks to all the men and women who have dedicated themselves to protect this great country. I'd like to especially thank my cousin Matt Long for his time in the Marines.
Mitch Gosney
Columbia College Student – Main campus

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Awesome, quote and so true! No words can sincerely express how grateful I am for all you have done! We take for granted the freedom we have and I just wanted to thank you for serving and protecting us on a daily basis!
Kayla Little
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Administrative Assistant

Thank you to all of those who veterans and current military staff who make it possible for so many of us to take for granted all that we have in the United States. Thank you for making the sacrifices and putting forth the dedication to make this country great.
Jennifer Bondurant
Founder – CatchPhrase Communications

Thank you to all who have giving their lives or time away from their families to serve and protect us. Words really cant explains how much i appreciate it.
Philana VanSkike
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumna, May 2011

I want to take the time to thank all Veterans and their families for all they do to keep this country what it is today. My Veteran is Senior Airman Jeffrey Ferguson at Whiteman's AFB with the 442nd. I am so proud of my husband and all Veter...ans. Thank you for everything you do and give up. I also want to thank CC for recognizing the stress that comes along with being a veteran and offering such flexibility with furthering their education.
LaTricia Ferguson
Columbia College - Main Campus Alumna, May 2007

We salute all those who have served this great country in uniform, both past and present.  Please accept our sincere thank you from all the staff, management and board or directors of Mid Missouri Credit Union f/k/a The Fort Leonard Wood Credit Union.  The credit union has served the Armed Forces since 1954 from our branches at Fort Leonard Wood, Waynesville, Rolla, Lebanon and Osage Beach.  We salute your heroism and bravery.
Gary L. Thomas
Mid-Missouri Credit Union Branch Manager - Osage Beach

I really appreciate your observance of the military and the service they provide to our country.  My husband David Meye served from 1969- 1974 in the U.S. Army and did two years in Viet Nam in the engineers.  He appreciates the fact that the veterans from that area are finally not looked on baby killers.
Janet Meye
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Student

To all military past, present and future,
Thank you for your service and sacrifices that you gave to our country.  You gave of yourselves to keep us all safe and to keep our freedom.  Without the people of the military, who knows where this country would be.  I want to thank my nephew AJ Morrell (not a college student) who is based in Washington state and has served 2 terms in Iraq.  I do not know when or where he will be sent to next but, I wanted to thank him for his service, too.  To all, God Bless and stay safe through all your time in the military.
Elena Gaddy
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumni, May 2011

Veterans,
 Thank you to each and every fellow veteran and for those still serving. It takes dedication and strength to wake up every day and perform these duties. We wouldn’t be here without any of you.
 Sgt.Chaz Jesiolowski
Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom

I just wanted to thank anyone who has served or is currently serving in the military. Without you there would be no America. We are all extremely lucky for the brave men and women who fight for our freedoms and justice around the world. THANK YOU!!
Anthony Menefee
My name is Kenneth Gray. I graduated from Columbia College - Lake of the Ozarks with an Associates degree in May of 2008. I spent four years from 1967 to 1971 in the U.S. Navy as a Hospital Corpsman. I took further training and specialized as an Aviation Medical Technician. I spent time in San Diego, California, The Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida and Moffit Field, a Naval Air Station a little south of San Francisco, California. I spent the final fourteen months of my enlistment in Bien Thuy, South Viet Nam serving with a helicopter attack squadron - HAL 3. I was honorably discharged as a Hospital Corpsman, Third Class. 
God bless our troops past and present.
Hospital Corpsman, Third Class Kenneth Gray
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumnus, 2008

Thank you to all military for your selfless sacrifice and service in protecting our country and citizens!
Melissa Carroll
Vice President – Lake Printing
Columbia College-Jefferson City Alumna, 2003

To All U.S military personnel past, present and future: Thank you so much for your service, the lives given and the sacrifices!
SP4 Steve A Daniel
U.S Army 1982-1990
Bravo Company 5ht Engr. Battalion, Fort Leonardwood, Mo
Lima Company, 3/11 ACR, Bad Herzfeld, Germany
To All Who Have Served,
A mere thank you seems so inadequate for what you do, but I am sure you can never be thanked enough.  Since my husband and I are beyond recruitment, and my children not old enough yet, the best way I know to honor you is in the upbringing of my children.  They are taught to not only respect our country, our constitution, and our flag, but those who sacrifice all to insure those very privileges to all Americans. 
Stand proud, for there are no finer citizen of any country, than those who serve the United States of America.
Michele Bradley
Office Manager
Comfort Care Heating and Cooling, Inc.

Big thanks to all current, retired, lost and since passed Military Veterans! 11/11/11 will be a day to honor my grandfathers, L.A. Weers (WWII 82nd Airborn) and R.L Cunning (Lt. Col. USAF). Who knows where we would be today without the heroic efforts of all the fine men and women that serve this country without waver.
Scott Cunning
NeuLion, Inc.

THANK YOU VETERANS! Thank you for all you do!
Kim Kliegel
Columbia College Athletics

Freedom is never free. Thank you to all the soldiers who put their lives before ours!
Erin Cross

The word freedom is not to be used lightly... I am forever grateful for those that serve and have served to protect our nation. Thank you Veterans!
Lynne Fleury,
Mother of a soldier and instructor at Western Iowa Technical College

Thanks to all veterans and active men and women in the military protecting our freedom! Your service and sacrifice is appreciated!
Michelle Cook
Director of Marketing for Lake Area Chamber of Commerce

Thanks to all our military. Not just the ones fighting for our freedom now, but all who have served our great country for the last 225 years.
My husband and many members of my family have served proudly and I want to say thank you to them.
When I think of freedom I think of you.
God bless each of you and your families
Thelma Arthur
Senior Academic Advisor
Columbia College Lake Campus

Thank you to all veterans who have loyally and selflessly served our great country. 

Brian Hill
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks English Instructor

Thank you to all the veterans and all that serve our country. I appreciate your sacrifices and service you do to protect our freedoms and our nation. Thank you.
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumna - 2009

God Bless our Military & Veterans and their unwavering service to our country!!
Vanessa Hebrank
Administrative Assistant
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Nursing Department

I would like to extend a huge heart felt thank you towards all of those men and women whom have served and risked their own lives for myself and my family. Just know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers, and we deeply appreciate your sacrifice. May God richly bless each and every one of you today and always!
Respectfully,
Amy Stone
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks student

Thanks to all the veterans out there who courageously serve and have served in the greatest military on earth. It's thanks to the men and women in uniform past and present who have allowed America to become the world's superpower and the "shining city on a hill" for freedom and prosperity in our short history as a nation.
Caleb Rowden
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks alumnus – May, 2010

God Bless the USA and the many veterans and active duty soldiers for your service to our country. Thank you to our men and women in uniform. Words do not truly express our gratitude for all that you do and have done for us and this wonderful nation. THANK YOU!!
Trisha Creach
Executive Director, IOM
Lake Area Chamber of Commerce

With all the freedoms and luxuries that we have in this country I know that I take both our country and military for granted sometimes. We enjoy a rich history of brave individuals who have put aside the quest for personal glory and have dedicated themselves to a higher standard for the noble quest for defending the freedom of both its citizens and their homeland. Our country and the men and women who make up the defending body of the armed forces are truly a unique group of individuals. From George Washington who refused to be elected as a king to the everyday soldiers who put aside their own wants and desires and answered the call to protect freedom time and time again. Despite the problems that our country faces with the economy and differences of political ideology, I know that this nation will continue to be the land of the free due to the brave men and women who fight for me. As such I like to offer my sincere thanks and God bless to each and everyone.
John Lavanchy
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumnus, May 2010
I am a vet of Viet Nam and am grateful to all who have served or are on active service now. THANK-YOU
Roy Mizell (USMC 1969-1973)

Thanks to all the men and women who have served and still serving in the military :) You are all Heroes :) Thanks & Bless you all :) You all are in my prayers :)
Jamie Preece

To all the men and women then, now and tomarrow who are serving our country's military. I want to thank you for your sacrifices and your unselfish comment to promote safety to all of the people who live in America. To my son Sargeant Ricardo Barrios of the United States Army God Bless You son we love, you I love you and I miss you so much. You always were and always will be my hero. I am so proud. Thank-You...
Julie Paladino
Bott Radio Network

I myself have not served, although I did try and enlist in the Reserves and National Gaurd a few times, but because I was a single mother I was not accepted without giving up custody of my children. However, I would like to thank all the veterans who have served our country and for all the sacrifice they have given for us. Thank you ALL! 
Tricia Garrett-Barton
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumna – 2010

I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to all military personnel both past and present. Thank you for your service to our country and for your daily sacrifice to ensure that we all live in a country that truly is free thanks to the brave.
Lisa Boggs
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks Alumna – 2009

I would like to say thanks to all veterans, national guard, and active military for the service given to our country, and a special thanks to those who are attending Columbia College-Osage Beach.  Thank you for the service and sacrifices you have made to help preserve the freedoms that we enjoy and take for granted in America.
Karon Simpson
Administrative Assistant
VA Certifying Official
Columbia College-Lake of the Ozarks, MO

I send out many thanks and my heartfelt gratitude to all of our Veterans as we remember their multitude of sacrifices for our freedom.  I have many family members who are Veterans so my understanding runs deep.  I also recognize the continuing service of our military as I have close contact with my online military students stationed around the world. Let us not forget the family members of our Veterans and serving military. The family members that are left behind carry a heavy load of responsibilities and loss as they face each day without their loved ones close by.     Many Prayers and Thanks to All,

Cathy Whitfield-Columbia College Alumna
Lake Campus Assistant Director