Columbia College–Lake of the Ozarks staff Q&A with Heather Newhart

Newhart started with Columbia College in September 2010.
Administrative assistant Heather Newhart has become an invaluable member of the Lake campus team since coming on board in September. The Iberia, Mo., native has a great way with students when they come to the front desk to register for classes and a willingness to tackle or assist with any projects. She is a great addition to the staff. Stop in and say hi to the mother of two daughters next time you are on campus and read more about her:
Name: Heather Newhart
Alma Mater, Date of Graduation: Iberia High School 1994
Family members: Married to Rodney – 15 years, two daughters – Kirsten, 12 and Erin, 10
Years at Columbia College – Lake of the Ozarks: Started working for CC in September 2010
Hobbies: Traveling with family, watching movies, smore and firepit time with the family, you may at any random moment find me repainting or redecorating a room in my house
Favorite Movie and/or TV Show: Anything on HGTV and Discovery Channels, Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy, Biggest Loser, Parenthood
Favorite kind of music/favorite artist/song: Pillar, Skillet, Tenth Ave. North, Lifehouse, 80’s and 90’s rock, alternative rock.
Favorite Food: Scallops and shrimp scampi from Red Lobster or enchiladas from Mexican Villa
Favorite subject in college: Will be starting classes at Columbia College in March
When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be an astronaut.
The Newharts (from left to right): Kirsten, Heather, Erin and Rodney
What is the best part about working at Columbia College–Lake of the Ozarks? I love to help new students register for classes for the very first time — they’re so excited!
What moment in your life are you the proudest of?
I’m not sure about a particular moment, but have been blessed with two daughters that make me proud most everyday!
Talk about your journey and what lead you to Columbia College–Lake of the Ozarks:                                

In high school, I attended Waynesville Tech School for offset printing. Over the next five years I worked for a local print shop as a typesetter and graphic designer. It was during that time I had my first daughter and returned to work. Shortly after returning from maternity leave, I realized I wanted to be home with my newborn. Nearly two years later, I had my second daughter. Over the past 12 years I have held different office positions which allowed me to be home with my girls and participate in their school activities.  While my daughters were growing up, I tried to balance my career and family life to the best of my ability. Nearly 17 years after graduating high school, I have decided to further my education. I will be taking my first college courses at Columbia College in the upcoming March Session.