Faculty Focus – Aftab Khan, finance instructor at the Lake County campus

A new instructor will be teaching at Columbia College–Lake County this August. If you are thinking about taking FINC 350 Business Finance in the August Session, take a few minutes to learn more about Aftab Khan:

1)Where are you from (original hometown)?
Pakistan.

2)Tell us about your family.
I have been married for almost 16 years to my wife, Shabina. We have two sons; Sameer (13); Ameer (10) and one daughter, Amal (4).

3)What degrees do you hold, and where did you earn them?
I am an alumnus of Columbia College–Lake County where I earned my bachelor’s degree in business administration. I also have a master’s degree in business administration from Webster University–Great Lakes Campus.

4)Tell us about your teaching experience and work history.
I have over four years experience tutoring students in business math and statistics. I have more than 13 years of experience in the pharmaceuticals industry where I have both trained and supervised employees in the areas of quality and compliance.

5)What do you most enjoy about your field?
Currently, I am working in the New Product Development department as a quality compliance specialist. I enjoy working with project managers, supply chain departments and customers.

6)Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.
I enjoy playing the European sport of cricket.

7)What advice do you have for students taking your class this August?
For any students taking my class, I recommend attending every class, reading the assignments before coming to class and most importantly, have fun! You should be excited to learn more about business finance.